Tuesday 13 October 2015

Creamy Palak and Brinjal Curry

By now, I've finished preparing almost all the brinjal dishes usually found in India. Am I proud? Oh Yes!! But I know that I have not reached the finishing line of my journey with brinjal. But now onwards I know that I have to let my imagination run loooose.. like really really loose to come up with more varieties. Fingers crossed. Meanwhile enjoy this recipe.

Ingredients

Palak- 200 gram
Brinjal-150 grams
Garlic- 4 cloves
Green chillies -2 pieces( finely chopped)
Asafoetida -½ tablespoon
Fenugreek seeds- 1/4 tablespoon.
Coriander Leaves -2 tablespoon (finely chopped)
Oil- 2 tablespoon
Salt -1 tablespoon
Heavy cream- 5 tbsp

Directions

Wash the palak  3-4 times in fresh water and chop it finely.
In a Pan, pour the oil and once it is heated put Garlic, Green Chillies and Asafoetida. Fry for 1 minute as the flavor starts coming out.
Add baigan and fry for another 2 minutes.
Afterwards add the palak and coriander leaves and cover it with a lid and cook on low flame for 15 minutes . There is no need to add water since Palak is a watercontained food so it releases water when cooked. Stir in between.
Cook for another 5 mintues. Check if the water released by the palak has evaporated or not. If not then increase the flame and stir the sabzi till it releases oil from sides. Now add heavy cream and let it cook for 1 minute. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment