Sunday 25 October 2015

Cardamom Milk Pudding

This is the yummiest and easiest of all pudding recipes. It can be made very easily with the least of ingredients. I made it on an impulse for my baby when he refused to drink his usual cup of milk in the morning. Pudding in any flavour is always a big welcome for him and I've decided that I'll  make this particular pudding as often as I could.

Ingredients

3 1/2 cups whole milk
1 tablespoon green or white cardamom pods, slightly crushed
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons corn starch
A pinch of Salt and a few drops of Vanilla.

Preparation

Bring milk, cardamom pods, and a pinch of salt just to a boil in a heavy saucepan, then remove from heat and let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
Whisk sugar and corn starch in hot milk mixture. Add Vanilla essence. Return to saucepan and simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 2 minutes. Chill pudding, its surface covered with wax paper, until very cold, at least 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment