Friday 6 November 2015

Padavalanga Mezhukkupuratti (Snake Gourd)

This is one of my favourite mezhukkupuratti recipes. My mom makes it perfectly well and I still cherish the tasty lunches I enjoyed with my parents back in kerala.

Ingredients

Snake Gourd - 250 gms
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tspn
Salt
Curry Leaves
Green Chilly - 2 cut into two
Coconut Oil - 2 tbspn
Shallots - 7
Red Chilly Powder/ Red Chilly Flakes - 1 tspn

Method

Cut Snake gourd into small pieces and wash it well. Cook the Snake gourd adding enough water, turmeric powder, salt, curry leaves and green chilly. Cook for 5-6 minutes with lids closed.
Heat oil in a pan. Add shallots and saute till it turns light brown. Now add red Chilly Powder. Saute till the raw smell goes off.
Now season with some curry leaves. Easy and tasty mezhukkupuratti is ready!

2 comments: