Sunday 2 August 2015

Tutti Fruity

I never thought that I would make tutty fruity in my life. I usually buy it from the stores for my recipe. But today when I checked, it was almost finished and I thought ill just check out the recipe. The recipe was found to be very easy and very tempting too. So i thought ill make it by myself this time and it was a huge success. I have it perfectly stored in an airtight container.  Hope it will last long enough for me to try in other recipes before being finished by my dearest foodie family.
Ingredients
200 gms Raw Papaya
2 cup Sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
edible food color – red, yellow and green, Dark blue(each one pinch)
water as needed
Method
Chop Papaya and remove the seeds along with the white part. Peel off the skin of papaya and chop it into small cubes. It yields around 2 cup of raw papaya. Keep it aside.
Boil 4 cup water in a pan. Once it starts boiling, add chopped raw papaya and let it cook for 3 mins on low-medium flame. Remove from the heat and let the papaya remain in the same water for another 5 mins.
Meanwhile, Cook 2 cup sugar and 3-4 cup water in a pan. Once sugar is completely, add blanched & strained papaya cubes in syrup. Switch to low-medium flame.
Cook until the sugar syrup turns sticky and forms a thin one-string consistency, which may take another 15-20 mins. Follow this time approximately since the time may vary according to the utensil you use. The sugar syrup will turn thick and you can guess easily with that. Switch off the stove and remove pan.
Add few drops of vanilla essence to it. Take 4 bowls and divide sugar syrup into 4 portions.
Add a pinch of each color in 4 different bowls filled with syrup. Mix well and keep it aside for 12-24 hrs.
After 12-24 hrs, take out the papaya cubes from syrup and strain them properly. spread those papaya cubes over a wire net placed on top of a plate. Let them dry till the stickiness is totally absorbed. Store tutti frutti in an airtight container and use whenever needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment