Wednesday 12 August 2015

Muringayila Curry

This dish creates a lot of nostalgia in my mind as this is my Father's favourite curry with Rice. My mom would make it for him whenever she gets her hands on to these. I never used to like it then. But now things have changed and I try to make this and make my son eat it as often as i could. Drumstick leaves are very healthy and easy to make too. Please try it out.
Ingredients
Drumstick leaves - 2 cups
Coconut - 1/2 of one
Oil - 2 tbsp
Shallots - 5 nos
Tomato - 1 no
Green chilly - 3 nos
Salt - As reqd
Directions
Heat oil in a clay pot and sauté shallots, tomato, and green chilly for 5-6 minutes.
Add leaves and sauté again for 4 minutes.
Add salt and ¼ tsp chilly powder.
Grind the coconut with 2 shallots, ¼ tsp chilly powder, ¼ tsp turmeric powder and water as required.
Mix it with curry and cook it for 3-5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment