Monday 3 August 2015

Fruit Bread

The idea of this fruit bread emerged literally out of the blue. I had made some homemade tutty fruity the day before and it was visibly and neatly kept on my kitchen shelf. Today i had plans of making bread for dinner and immediately i caught sight of my tutty fruity. Plans changed all of a sudden and within minutes, my tutty fruity bread was ready to be baked in the oven. It reminded me of the tea time snacks i used to have during my childhood days. My little boy  had great fun plucking out the tutty fruity from the bread slices and eating it first( just like how i used to do)
Ingredients
3 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tsp edible Yellow food colour
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1/4 cup shredded apple
1 cup tuttifruity
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one loaf pan.
Mix flour, Food colour, baking powder, soda, salt, sugar, oil, eggs, apple, tuttifruity, and vanilla only until dry ingredients are moistened.
Bake in greased loaf pan at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 to 40 minutes.

1 comment: